ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Colour Mixer pad

Colour Mixer pad

Please can somebody help me to make a colour mixing pad to be placed alongside the other pods - something similar to the colour mixer palette in Corel Painter 11. I want to be able to mix colours separately away from the canvas then pick the mix and paint - like using a conventional palette!
    Many thanks

There is no way to do this in ArtRage. You could make a color picker, from an area of the canvas, but once created, the colors would not be changeable.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Colour Mixer Pad

Shame but thanks for responding.

as Sos mentioned, if you wanted you could draw a partition line on your canvas... allotting so much of the canvas for a mixing area. when you are done with the painting just crop the mixing area out of the image or just mix on another part of the canvas. . I don't think it's really all that hard to mix paint in artage right within the painting...without a separate pallet taking up valuable real estate. it's a cute, but unnecessary toy.

Colour Mixer Pad

My tutors at college are dismissive about learning to mix colours from scratch with digital painting! I do not quite agree! I know that Painter simulates the experience of picking oil colours by their common names and mixing them on a pad before applying them to canvas. However, I must say I love using ArtRage oils and palette knife more! I had to stop my oil painting class as I have problem carrying all the art gear to classes! Also my husband got fed up with the standing easel, and other "clutter" in our dining room so I stopped painting altogether! Now I am turning my attention to ArtRage, mixing colours on the canvas and very much enjoying it! I am also practising my drawing skills with the pencil tool, using as reference, images from the online Web Gallery of Art.
    http://www.wga.hu/index1.html

Thank you for your suggestions!

I've also seen video tutorials on Youtube for Artrage where the person just mixes on the canvas on another layer or section and picks from that. Worked great. It's the guy that paints Sponge Bob actually. He has a nice series of video tutorials for Art-rage 2.5. Worth watching!

Colour Mixer Pad

Thanks for directing me to the Youtube videos!