ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Man

Guitar Man

Electronic, or Acoustic, frets, strings, rhythms vibrate in the air... we all love Guitar men...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guitar Man_ar.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	488.5 KB 
ID:	61104  

Mustn't fret, GX. . . or maybe this is the time to. . .

Love how you are playing with the motif of the frets and necks and so on. Good visual use of that structure as a template and then distancing yourself from the repetitive nature of the lines of the instrument.

Then taking that structure and breaking it up into visual representations of the color and movement in sounds. A cool image.

It's orderly and well designed while stepping away from that structure. Looks like it was fun to paint. Good to look at as well.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Well David I won't fret about this anymore since your great comments have calmed me down... thanks as always for your artful considerations...

Not David

But I heard there was a secret chord, that David played and it pleased the Lord. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

darn...thought I found it...

Gary - quite nice, and I resonate with some of D Akey's observations. Meanwhile, there seems also a little distant homage to Picasso in there, while still being completely and clearly you.

Quite a nice, inventive piece.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

This has a very Japanese appeal for me. the bright colors the musical instruments alluded to... perhaps chopsticks thrown in... another musical allusion whether intentional or not and all set in a Bento box of visual delights. I love Sushi plates as well.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 10-23-2011 at 01:56 PM.

I agree with Screenpainter, it has a very oriental feel to it. Nice one Gary
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Byron, Albert and Katie... thanks for stopping in and providing some interesting comments. I can see the oriental influences as albert suggests... and a tip of the hat to Picasso... thank you all.