ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overturning Frazetta Concept

Overturning Frazetta Concept

Let's change the roles a little bit ...
    I made this one in my old, messy way.
    Not a great piece in my opinion, but I hope You find it funny and interesting anyway.
    To this purpose I would also add the outcome of an experiment made on it. The painting was duplicated, then the upper level difference blending and the lower hue blending, if I'm not wrong.
    No reference, just imagination and direct execution on a very preliminary composition sketch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overturning Frazetta.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	385.1 KB 
ID:	60915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overturning Frazetta Negative.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	387.6 KB 
ID:	60916  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hey these are great Cesare and shows that the female can be the stronger and save her man lol. Like the second one. it has a very spooky feel to it
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Maybe this gal is so mean to the critters that the men folk are afraid of her. I would be! lol, seriously great Cesare and great imagination!

Superb dear Cesare I like the role change very much
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

This is so wrong, hahahahahaha

Her bottom is way too small, lad. . .
    And rumor has it that he may well not be a virgin. . .

Actually, as fun as this story is, there are some details that could make it a little better. The staging looks like you were thinking what should go in this as you were doing it. That spear doesn't quite know what it's doing -- she's holding it like a chopstick.

But the idea is very funny, and as such you get high marks for sheer silliness.

Bravo!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Caesar...nice work with a wry sense of humor involved... not a bad combination...

Thank You, dear Katie! I like the second one too, since the first one didn't take the right turn in my view.

Maybe, dear Sandra, this is the upside down consequence from a stupid and arrogant machism to an aggressive competiotion and revenge. That's what happened in many places, US too. Since ladies are generally most endowed in many forms of intelligence (and malices) common poor men seem to be so much afraid of them that they look for a convenient, BVR distance in order not to be accused of sexual harassement or be smashed down ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear Amanda. This probably means You're not the one supposed to iron and wash dishes at home I guess ...

Dear D Akey, absolutely right. Everything's wrong in this painting, almost at least. Actually I was concentrated enough to figure out the beast, a sort of primeval half bear and half black panther with some velociraptor feature in the long claw, that all the rest was set up quickly and bad. Wrong stage, wrong proportions, no dynamics etc. I just tried to keep credible to some extent the light and shadow and get the figure separated with some tonal contrast.
    Tha idea would have deserved a better outcome, but I immediately realized it was getting not fluently, so, after the monster, I lost enough interest. Anyway thank You for appreciating the intention!

Thank You, dear Gary! Originally the man should have been some sort of effeminate and ridiculous drag queen and the lady a repellant and grotesque female bodybuilder, when (not for any political correctness towards gay pride or women emancipation fetches) I got bored after a not good enough start, so ...

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    . . . Dear D Akey, absolutely right. Everything's wrong in this painting, almost at least. . .
    When I was talking about it being so wrong, I meant that her bottom was too small (a joke that I could blame on Frazetta), and the decorative male model being the virgin tied to the stake as sacrifice to the monster (also a joke). . .

I was merely playing along with your considerable wit, Caesar, old bean.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Dear D Akey, I know, but I'm also convinced anyway that I should have done much better here. The proportions are wrong not only because they don't follow Frazetta's golden rules , quite natural considering the role change, thus the mutual complexion change, but because of the body parts measures relations. As for the virgin state, I may say that the effeminate court gentleman is possibly so, or just depending on which part You refer to.
    Moreover it's quite impossible to fight in a such disadvataged position for the woman who, without projecting her force, seems to be able to do nothing more that feeble stinging to the moster, like a corrida picador to the bull.
    I wouldn't bet a penny on these two guys survival ...
    Thank You again and always for dropping Your comment!

Maybe, dear Sandra, this is the upside down consequence from a stupid and arrogant machism to an aggressive competiotion and revenge. That's what happened in many places, US too. Since ladies are generally most endowed in many forms of intelligence (and malices) common poor men seem to be so much afraid of them that they look for a convenient, BVR distance in order not to be accused of sexual harassement or be smashed down ... Thank You!

I know dear Cesare. There are so many ridiculous things happening between men and women especially in my shall we say mixed up country. It is sad that there are cases of lying and true cases of abuse.
    I would be terrified to even say hello to a woman if I were a guy unless I had a camera in the room. I was thinking about a recent politician who lost his career over flirting on the internet. It was an obvious set up and of course some of the televised media here loves to exalt themselves and point fingers and judge, while nothing is being said about true crimes or things of real importance or anything positive happening in the world.
    Just remember, all Americans are not the same. There are some of us "old school" gals here that love a charming man and don't take it the wrong way, and know the difference between kindness and one that is in aggressive pursuit.