Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Watercolor WIPs- Sharing and Learning

I have to say that I was totally useless at Watercolour in the "real sense" but loved the idea of the beautiful effects that could be achieved with it. This is a great thread and I hope to be able to learn something from it, so thanks for sharing

No problem at all Ulla-- thanks for sharing!

There's definitely more than one way to skin a cat, as you'll find out if you go through this thread, but if you're interested in how I approach things, my series of YouTube tutorials on Watercolors in Artrage is a good place to begin your own experiments. I made them just to share and educate and introduce people to as much as I could about the concept. They may be of some use to you if you're starting out with Watercolors in AR.

If you do another experiment, please share it again. It's interesting to see where people take things.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Oh man!

Thank you for this thread! Watercolor is my oldest secret love and my newest digital challenge. As a kid I had a neighbour, few years older than me who was painting in watercolour, always mesmerizing me. I could say my love for art in general and painting in particular is his "fault". Now I considered that is time for some proper learning of the tehnique so a grabbed David Bellamy's "Watecolour landscape course" ...aaaaand.... I'm child again. I keep starring at the pages, wondering if I ever would be half that good. But now I want to do it with AR.
    I'm the happiest man in the world. I just don't know this, yet.

my gallery: http://members.artrage.com/gallery/32810

Fisrt watercolor(ish) try

Not easy... I must say, here is one of my cats, I used a photo to outline it. What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Milky.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	80672

and here is the photo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0277.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	80673
    I'm the happiest man in the world. I just don't know this, yet.

my gallery: http://members.artrage.com/gallery/32810

Discovered this as I look through the threads.

I am new so I found this for the first time today. A lonely still and dramatic place. I really like it. I enjoy watercolors so much when it is done by others. I don't seem to have the knack. Lovely painting, I'll be looking for more of your work.

So striking!

I am with Gary as I worked in watercolor for many years. Very authentic looking. I love to go to watercolor shows such as the National exhibition in Old Forge , NY at the View. Used to live in Rochester , NY and they had excellent classes at the Memorial Art Gallery with some artists from these national groups. Such opportunities. I have done very little watercolor work on art rage but you inspire trying. Marilyn

I did not see this when first posted either. Pretty nice dive into watercolor. Very fun angle on the cat too!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

love all of your works great stuff!

Where is "heavy bleed" preset?

Hi, watercolour gurus! I just got my Wacom Intuos and downloaded ArtRage 4.5.10 Lite 64 bit on my MacBook Pro running OX X Yosemite 10.10.5. I am doing the tutorials one by one (watercolour, pastel, etc.) and even though Barbara says she is using ArtRage Lite, she seems to have a preset that I do not see. She calls it "heavy bleed." I see it on her screen. I can't find that. I have scrolled to the very top of the watercolour brush presets list and to the very bottom. I have "wet on wet," but it's not the same effect. I'm not getting any bleed. In fact, my sky stroke looks more like it's airbrushed than wet on wet watercolour. By the way, your painting above is stupendous. My mother, an award-winning watercolorist, will not believe it was done digitally. Unbelievable. Hope you guys can help me! Thanks. Kelly M (Kikipotamus) P.S. Let me know if I posted this to the wrong thread or forum. I'm new.

Hello Kikipotamus and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    I don’t have AR Lite to check if the Heavy Bleed brush is included but I would have thought it was as it’s in the video.
    Still, if you really don’t have it this screenshot shows the settings for it so you could setup your own and save it as a new preset.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 20.16.49.png
Views: 1563
Size:  452.2 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram