Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hanzz Sticker brush.

I feel like a dunce but I can't figure this out. I've added photoshop brushes before, but as this isn't a prs file, I'm not sure how to install it in the sticker category. I double click the Sticker Preset button, which to me means I open the Sticker Spray panel. There's my list of sticker sprays, and a button for "New Preset". If I click that I don't see anything like "the ellipsis (3 little dots)under color". Perhaps I'm not in the right place? If I hit the Settings Panel for Sticker Sprays, I have all the other controls, but I don't see anything like what you're describing either..... I tried just importing the png, but I got an error message, as the program seems to want the prs or a photoshop brush through this path.
    Last edited by Steve B; 10-18-2011 at 03:51 AM.

This is not a ready for use brush, this is only the picture you canuse to create the same one for you.
    If you've never done it before, it will be very interesting to walk through this tutorial by Someonesane :http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...381#post308381
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Yes, I was just trying to figure that out. I've now figured out that the Stickers Panel is different from the Sticker Spray-- makes sense I suppose, though I didn't recognize that. I've imported it to the Sticker panel. Normally, it seems like once you've done that you should be able to then find it in the Sticker Spray Presets, as you can with all the other stickers in the Sticker Panel. When I go there though, it's not there.

I guess I actually need to go through the process that Someonesane's showing in the tut? I'll have to give it a shot. I suppose it's time I figured out how to build and use a Sticker Spray. Looks a bit time consuming, so I suppose I'll have to try it out later.

Brush looks nice though.

The first time it takes some time but not that much. Once you know how to , it's just a few minutes.
    I don't supply the complete package, to encourage everyone to try and create a brush. Once you've done it, you'll love it

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Yes, I was just trying to figure that out. I've now figured out that the Stickers Panel is different from the Sticker Spray-- makes sense I suppose, though I didn't recognize that. I've imported it to the Sticker panel. Normally, it seems like once you've done that you should be able to then find it in the Sticker Spray Presets, as you can with all the other stickers in the Sticker Panel. When I go there though, it's not there.

I guess I actually need to go through the process that Someonesane's showing in the tut? I'll have to give it a shot. I suppose it's time I figured out how to build and use a Sticker Spray. Looks a bit time consuming, so I suppose I'll have to try it out later.

Brush looks nice though.
    Someonesane's tutorials are awesome and he's a super great guy...

Actually I learnt how to do it with his tutorial...

Steve, it's not difficult ...

1. save the .png file provided by Hanzz in the first posting (right click --> save).

2. open ArtRage and go to Menu - View - Sticker Sheet Collection.

3. navigate to a folder where you want your new sticker sheet to be in (or create a new folder for all your custom made stickers by clicking on "Add Group").

4. click "New" which means you will create a new sticker sheet
    I recommend naming it before you go on with the settings, so you don't end up with the default name "Sticker Spray" .

5. turn off "Shadow" - you can always turn on shadows later when you're using your sticker sheet as a sticker spray preset.

6. now click on the "Color" field on either the upper or lower layer (or click on the "three little dots" on the right side of one of those color fields) to find your previously saved .png file and use it as the sticker (here we will use the file by Hanzz called "Hanzz-Brush_Light.png" which you were saving earlier to your harddrive (see 1. ).
    leave "Columns" and "Rows" at default settings (1) in this case.

7. click OK and make sure you remember the name of your new sticker sheet and the name of the group it's in.

8. now go to your tool panel (sticker spray tool selected). it doesn't matter which sticker spray is active.

9. go to Menu --> Tool Settings, click "Sheet", and navigate to the Sticker Sheet folder where you saved the .png called "Hanzz-Brush_Light" and select it.

10. in the Settings panel, click on "Spray Variation".

11. either enter the settings provided by Hanzz (see image in first posting) or create your own settings ... just change the settings and paint on the canvas to see the changes you made.

12. when you're satisfied with the look and feel of your new sticker spray preset, select a group in the "Presets Panel" and click on "New Preset".

13. enter a name, and click on the button on the left to create an icon for your Sticker Preset --> "Sample Preview Image" (move the frame around your canvas to get a nice representative view of your new sticker spray. hold ctrl and drag to scale the frame).

14. click OK - you will now find your new sticker spray preset ready for use each time you open ArtRage .

that's all ... it really sounds more complicated than it is ... it's easy once you know what to do!
    and yes, this already has been explained very well by Someonesane in his awesome tutorial mentioned above, but as this is such a nice "brush" (sticker spray preset), I just felt the need to explain it again!

hope this helps

You guys are all awesome. I'ld looked over SOS's tut, but your explanation made more sense. Sometimes one explanation makes more sense than another, just because of the listeners quirks. Will give it a go!

Thumbs up What a GREAT place !

Thanks to everyone, for posting such great 'toys' to share, and the wonderful explanations...so we can all enjoy them !! AWESOME !!