ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portrait study

Portrait study

Hi Friends ..I'm new here...Critics are welcomed..Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Work1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	480.5 KB 
ID:	60875  

Hi Keerthy welcome I like this one want to see more ok

Good portrait. But is difficult to understand from where comes the light. You should be more categorical about the source of light. However, it is wonderful. Good combined technique.

Excellent job!!!
    Welcome to the Forum!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Smile Thank you

Thank you all.. Thank you for your valuable comments.
    @kreksofin ..Next time I'll be taken in to account the light directions..thanks buddy

keerthy1, great painting!

Welcome to the forums Keerthy, this is a fine portrait of a face full of character. Well done and looking forward to seeing lots more from you
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I love this, and the subject, which brings me to a question.....I love drawing portraits on my ipad, but I only have pics of family members on there at the moment. So the other day I was in the mood and wanted to try drawing an elderly gentleman and googled "old man" images. I found a subject I liked, did it, and was fairly pleased with it. What is the thought on posting this type of thing? I have no idea who he is or why his pic was there...are there rules about this sort of thing? Obviously I am not selling it or anything, but just curious as to the proper protocol....about posting

Hi Margi,
    Welcome to the forums

Btw: you are one of th fewest, who ask questions about the things related to legal side of the posted stuff. Some people say, posting paintings with properly named reference sources (link to original etc.) is OK, since you don't claim any rights on the sources itself. Unfortunately it's not entirely true. It usually don't help you to avoid the copyright issues, if you paint using someone's reference without permission. It's just nice way to post but nothing more. More safe way to use references is to use your own photos or use them only as inspiration. Simply put, it should be enough different to the original, to be considered unique. Saying this I assume, we are talking about using photos as reference and not for tracing ie. Tracing photos even if they are our own, don't take us as artists further. IMHO it has little to nothing to do with art and therefore out of scope of this discussion.

There was a nice discussion on wetcanvas.com about this subject.

This site may also help http://www.artquest.org.uk/articles/...rt_and_the_law
    Last edited by Strandy; 10-16-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Thank you for answering. You are correct in assuming no tracing. I did it more as a learning tool, i was getting tired of painting my only grandson(although he is cute) and kids. But felt really odd about posting it. How would i even reference it? Best to keep those off the forums i think
    Again, thanks