ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming

Dreaming

Done in wc and soft knife
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dreaming.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	397.1 KB 
ID:	60835  

pat ... quite a beautiful work.. you have done an amazing job on the vase and flowers and the young woman daydreaming... on a summer day...

This is beautiful work Pat, you really have got the figure painted so very well. Its is one of your best
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Love the mood you've created here... Outstanding work my friend....

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

How lovely. I love all the elements in it that make it reminiscent of the themes of Alma-Tadema and that group.

I really love the vase too with the birds on it.

There's something fascinating about your brushwork. It creates a slight broken feeling which conducts itself like a stylistic painterly lens. It keeps it from being plain. Yet the marks being sort of soft don't say 'this is the edge of a shape'. That's very good control.

You show that in other ways with more contrast. So the lesser contrast strokes are not disruptive.

Nice one, Pat.

Just as a point of reference. And I'm not calling this a mistake, but having a figure facing away from the picture to an edge can tend to lead the viewer out of the picture. Always nice for the painting to the left.

However your vase with the birds is so strong that sort of anchors the eye in your pic. But usually if there is a figure, especially one like this, she is still the center of attention by the nature of what we tend to look at.

So that's a little asides that you can play with as you choose to speak to the viewer.

Again, I love this painting.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I'm speechless in front of this marvellous artpiece! You really tamed watercolors to let You express pure romance!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gary, thankyou dear friend for your kind comments
    Katie, such a nice thing to say, thankyou dear lady
    Ken, very nice comment, appreciate it so much
    Sandy, thanks dear friend for checking it out
    D Akey, wow, what a wonderful comment, and I should have gone with my instince, as you are right, should be a little more space between the lady and the end of the canvas, will work on that, thankyou so much for your very kind comments, always appreciate
    My dear Caesar, I am so thrilled that this painting left you speechless, what a wonderful comment that is, thankyou so much, all these wonderful comments have made my day

Pat:
    Im speechless...
    Its a wonderful painting, a real masterwork!
    Congratulations!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

As everybody says Pat: this is very beautiful picture and done in watercolors...oh gosh.... must have been a lot of patience involved but it all paid out at the end. Love it. Especially the figure, so soft and watercolory...Bravo!!!!!