ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Crashes and Cursor

Crashes and Cursor

10.6.8 OSX; iMac dual core; 4GB; plenty of HD space.

1) I was expecting that 3.5.3 studio would be more stable than Corel Painter 12. This is the 3rd time that ArtRage has crashed.

2) For no apparent reason, the painting tool cursor will sometimes disappear, or will revert back to the OS arrow.

3) I also notice that it takes quite a long time to save a file: 19x13 @ 300ppi. Is this normal?

If you like, I can email you the crash log.
    Eden
    You can't outsource your soul work.
    www.edensart.com

Regarding crashes: Please email us the crash logs to support@artrage.com for the crashes and describe what you were doing when they occurred, that way we can look in to it. If you are experiencing common crashes there may be a problem on your system, the 3.5.3 version has been pretty stable. We may require further information regarding your setup depending on the content of the crash reports.

The cursor issue is one we're dealing with at the moment in a rewrite of the entire backbone of the product to remove functions that are no longer being supported by the current version of the OS.

Regarding save times: ArtRage files can be significantly larger in memory size than those in other applications due to the multiple types of data being stored per layer. The time to save a file will go up if the file is larger, but may also be affected by other activity in the OS or on disk. Not knowing how long the file is taking to save, I can't say whether this is likely to be the file size or some other factor.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

1) Crash report emailed to you.

2) Save time about one minute for the file size posted with about 8 or so layers (most with little paint on them). No other apps being used.
    Eden
    You can't outsource your soul work.
    www.edensart.com