ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Scene from Jaws

Scene from Jaws

Never painted human skin so thought I would try. Used oil paint and knife. On tablet laptop. Not no trained artist or anything so dont bash me on this lol. 8th grade art class over a decade ago was my last art class I know its not perfect and the proportions arent exact. Not going for 100 % realistic anyways. Let me know what u think of it so far.

personally, I love it. think you really pulled it off. the skin tones are great. on the shark as well.

Thanks spent hours on the face.
    Having trouble with the arm though. Everytime I blend at the bottom of the arm it to make it harder it blends the blue ocean that I had underneath it and turns a purple. Any suggestion on how I can fix this? Dry that area or something?
    Last edited by evan3585; 10-10-2011 at 11:32 PM.

You do not forget to paint. Your work is going very well. Do not worry about the skin.

Thanks.
    havnt worked on this in a while but will soon. Anyone know how I can fix my problem with his arm?

Finally got this finished. I could fix it up some more but I had to spot at some point. This has taken way too long lol. Blood in water is kinda purple but looks alright I think.

fantastic. it's really an iconic piece. personally, I like the use of purple for the blood. that is genial in my opinion, because if it were red it would cheapen the image and diminish the acceptance of your audience. jmo.
    love it!

Thanks glad u like it
    Here is a time lapse if anyone is interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpFL1FF_yww