ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed painting with Artrage - Impression pur sang by Briex

Speed painting with Artrage - Impression pur sang by Briex

Most of the impressionists were plein air painters and had to fix their paintings within 30 or 45 minutes before the light changes. Even rapidly changing weather conditions and sceneries with moving objects like people, animals and road transport forced painters to paint their impression on the canvas in a flash.

Yesterday I went to Utrecht (NL). The weather was rainy with sunny spells, true Autumn. I made over 300 pictures and, later back in my studio, I forced myself to paint some of them within 10-minutes to achieve the ultimate infinite modern impressionism:
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Briex; 10-09-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Superb work, Briex. I particularly like the third and fourth paintings. Thank you for sharing with us

this made my day

Thanks! Especially the pie, cake and scone shop is a very thankful subject to paint. The girls are students who work in the business to gain some extra money to pay their home rents during their study in the Utrecht university city.

It's such a great fun to paint very fast. To put the right essence in very short time. It's truly wild but disciplined painting. It's no secret that I use my photo pictures as the basis for the final result.

great works.... love all of them.. the nice thing is no oils, brushes, medium and canvas to lug around to do this...

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    great works.... love all of them.. the nice thing is no oils, brushes, medium and canvas to lug around to do this...

Indeed, and I make them all on 1 x 1 meter, 127 dpi, enough for a nice canvas print.

Top notch, to say the least. Very inspiring.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Briex... I like the tiny details in the lower one of the people at the market.. the white of the womans scarf that outlines her back. the bald man in right center.. and the small brushstrokes that define the shape.. I do notice broader strokes that would be glazing strokes if done in oil. that add a subtle texture... all very nice.

Superb work. With a sense made.