ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Lock Layer

Lock Layer

is there a way to lock a layer? I don't see that as an option. I'm not referring to locking transparency.
    Eden
    You can't outsource your soul work.
    www.edensart.com

The only lock that can be applied to layers is for transparency. If you don't want a layer to be paintable but find you click on it, try putting it inside a group and closing the group, that will prevent you selecting it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Group Specifics

I tried grouping but it didn't work for me.

Would you please give me a step by step for this process?

Also, how would I group two layers? There doesn't seem to be a way to select two or three layers at a time for grouping.
    Eden
    www.edensart.com

If you go to the layerspalette, and select the option" Add Layer Group"Name:  Layer_group.png
Views: 389
Size:  355.7 KB
    , you will get an empty group. Once you got that, you can simply drag the layers towards that group.
    You can have as many groups as you want.It is also possible to change format of an intire group.Just select the group and "Transform group contents"
    Very handy in my opinion.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by hanzz; 10-09-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Thanks for the detailed information.

But what precisely do you mean by: It is also possible to change format of an intire group.Just select the group and "Transform group contents".
    Eden
    www.edensart.com

'Transform group contents' allows you to apply a transformation (scale rotate move) to all layers inside a group simultaneously.

To add an existing layer to a group: Add a group to the layers stack then drag the layer you want to add to it so that the arrow indicating where the layer will be placed appears between the two halves of the group indicator.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.