ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trees?

trees?

Being very new to art rage and also not experienced in landscape painting, I am having a lot of trouble with the tree branches, any suggestions?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Painting Title_003.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	60792

I love it! A particular sheet with watercolors on other tools and some metallic paint I'd say.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks, actually I ended up getting rid of the existing trees and am starting them on a new layer. I just discovered the Tapering option and I think that might be helpful. Soooo much to learn,

As you keep experimenting with your technique, you will start to refine your trees. Check out other paintings with similar themes.

trees

Well done painting! I really like the look you captured as well as the colors.
    As to trees... I struggle with them myself so take this constructive crit with a grain of salt
    I feel like you almost have it down, but to me they look very two dimensional or flat. It looks like you concentrated more on painting every little branch and twig detail rather than looking at the tree overall (if that makes sense?).
    Sorry to be so vague. Keep at it, you almost have it!

Yes it makes sense and i agree, i have discovered a new tool option that i am experimenting with, that or adorning the trees with leaves!...stay tuned

since thai is a critique forum, let me critique.
    It seems to me the perspective is off. The trees have one perspective and the road has a different perspective. Rather than change the trees, I would redo the road by making it narrower in the distance.

Tapering option

Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    Thanks, actually I ended up getting rid of the existing trees and am starting them on a new layer. I just discovered the Tapering option and I think that might be helpful. Soooo much to learn,
    I also am we to artrage on iPad and singing period. Can u tell me were tapering option is .

I think u r off to a great start, but again I am a novice.

Trees

I should have previewed. No good at singing , but I do it anyway! New to painting and to artrage. Sorry, imam typing in th dark.

I think you are very close on the trees because it is only a suggestion you are after anyway and not drawing every single branch perfectly. Since the leaves are gone I suppose the branches are all visible but you can still suggest many branches. so of course the branches go from thicker to thinner. The main problem here is the water added into the branches... it gets too blurry in spots... better to just use felt pen and pencil for trees over the background and not add the watercolor in spots to the trees. The trees will need to be transparent to show through the background.

I think the painting is beautiful by the way and I love the watercolor effects and the wonderful color.
    Attached Images Attached Images