ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mandy on canvas

Mandy on canvas

I love the vast range of media available in ArtRage.

I tried a test recently with some paint on canvas effects and as I've always admired Dean Yeagle's iconic character Mandy, I used one of his pencil sketches from Mandy's Shorts.

(Incidentally, You might find Paint.Net has a handy tool under "Effects" called "Isolate line art" that will drop the white background out of a JPEG image, leaving just the line art behind! Save the result as a PNG image and you're all set to import it to a layer in ArtRage. BIG timesaver.)

Quote Originally Posted by PenmanShipp View Post

(Incidentally, You might find Paint.Net has a handy tool under "Effects" called "Isolate line art" that will drop the white background out of a JPEG image, leaving just the line art behind! Save the result as a PNG image and you're all set to import it to a layer in ArtRage. BIG timesaver.)

A very nice image study. Well done.

If you're using ArtRage Pro, you also access to the filter system. This makes plugins, like Eraser Classic available for removing the white areas (or any specific color) from an image, directly within ArtRage. There's also the Multiply blend mode trick (one of my favorites).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    A very nice image study. Well done.

If you're using ArtRage Pro, you also access to the filter system. This makes plugins, like Eraser Classic available for removing the white areas (or any specific color) from an image, directly within ArtRage. There's also the Multiply blend mode trick (one of my favorites).
    Thanks. (You know, by now you'd think I'd have been hip enough to look for plugins, but I had no idea!) So thank you! I'll give that one a try and look for more that I've missed. Much appreciated.

P.S. 10 minutes later: Dang, that was too easy. Downloaded the zip, extracted the filter, opened the ArtRage folder and dropped it into the filters subfolder. Found one of my old drawings & located the Filter dropdown & voila! Too cool.
    Last edited by PenmanShipp; 10-09-2011 at 08:38 AM.

I like this cartoon style!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Great painting and I love the subject.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307