ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Occupy seattle 3

Occupy seattle 3

Occupy seattle
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

the power of the vote!!

Provocative. The text message on a torn cardboard very much creates a grass roots, Norma Rae voice of outrage. Dangerous and inflammatory. Up against the wall. Very crisp and sharp.

I would suggest you think of your text abstractly as a simple block for placement. It could be more centered vertically. And of course you can do different things if you want a specific, handwritten effect like vary the size of certain letters of words.

But overall it reads just fine. The torn cardboard is a great blank slate as you have shown in this series.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

This is so true dear PD, but I must ask what I hate to ask...who is "you"?

If you think of Alexander the Great, and his goals for growing powerful and remaining a leader-he merged cultures.
    In doing so, the masses have different beliefs, and value systems. How are we to unite now? This will be the challenge.

Excellent art and statement.

GXH. I hope for the power of the vote. But democracy requires an informed electorate. Notice how much emphasis we give education.

D Akey: Yes more rough hewn appearance. I tried to mimic the signage at the occupation in Seattle and everywhere else using cardboard and spray paint.

Alex, not to make this a soap box again, I would hope there could be some middle ground where laissez-faire inherently unstable capitalism is brought under the control by the government and we cease to measure our success of the 1% by the GNP "the pursuit of happiness", to a measure of the well being of all it's citizens.

If that fails and we have to take this country back, someone once spoke of the suffering that would occur with a rifle behind each blade of grass in this nation.

Sorry for the politics
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

It looks like some lost pieces of Bible, maybe from Qumran, but they finished either the stones to carve and the parchment to write on, so they had to adapt.
    At start we had only needs which could be fulfilled with defined quantity, so we got sated for some time. Then we discovered we could amass some amount to take care also for some subsequent need arising.
    Now we fell into an endless well of needs most of whom are never sated and, what is worst, many people hold and keep for them much more than they would ever need in dozen of lives. So the evolution that took mankind to social life and civilization is declining again into self thinking semi-divine individuals and herds of slaves.
    Too sad as a model!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

hi one good thing Hitler left us the SS to keep the proles in control, as the proles are beginning to realize that Voting is just a game, to keep the proles
    happy, or a window dressing if that sounds better