ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Tiger

Tiger Tiger

Done with gloop pen and knife.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiger.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	60726  

I like it very much, also very much the diagonal chroma gradient of the background!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very cool design, well done
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Bobbi... interesting... the drag marks across the design look like your tiger took a swipe at it... ....

Wow! This is very cool Bobbi..! I think the technique and the form is great.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

I am interested how you achieved the gradient background. I am new to art rage and working on my ipad. In my 'real life ' paintings, ( i know it sounds odd) i paint photo realistic old cedar strip canoes, but on surreal backgrounds of gradient colours. I would like to try to do them in art rage, but dont know how yet. Advice much appreciated....

Margi, sometimes you can achieve the gradient background by choosing the metallic setting on the canvas pod. Also using the lighting button on the canvas pod can give you the gradient. I had also used the the roughness and grain size indicators. I chose 0% roughness and 0% grain size. I then used the the layer panel and used the drop down that is in the lower right hand side of the layer you are working on. Click on the "Blend Mode" and experiment with the different options. I chose "pin" light for this particular painting which had changed the original color I had for the background.

All I can say is, experiment with the tools provided in Art Rage. Sometimes the results you end up with are exciting and unexpected. Keep digging into the treasure chest called "Art Rage", and above all, have fun!!

Thanks for your reply, I dont think the ipad app has all the things you mentioned, or at least i havent found, maybe a bit more poking is in order

Margi,
    When you open up Art Rage, look at the top of the screen where your tool bar is. You will see "File", "Edit", "Tools", "View", "Help", etc. Check out each of those categories. Under the "View" you can check out the Canvas Settings. That is where you can start seeing what you can do with the canvas, or the background of your paintings.

I open Art Rage on my computer. So I don't really know how it opens on the IPhone or IPad, etc. I would have to believe you would have access to all of the tools for Art Rage.