ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bnrush preset problem

Bnrush preset problem

Hi all, when i use the brush presets they never stop at the size i change them to, they always go to the size that they were, am i doing anything wrong, any info would be great, thanks : )

You're not doing anything wrong, it's just the way the presets work. They always return to the size they were at when the preset was created. I had once suggested, that an option be added to allow them to retain the sizes they were last left at (so if I used a Leaf Sticker Preset, and changed its size to 100%, then selected a different Spray preset, and then went back to the Leaf Spray, it'd remain at the 100% I left it at), but whether it's ever put in, will be a matter of programing difficultly, and the amount of users who think it'd be a useful option.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

It wouldn't be a difficult thing to implement but it may lead to confusion. Presets let you switch between types of tool or media (wet oils, dry oils for example), and changing tool size to a predefined value would prevent you quickly changing tool/media types while maintaining a single set of strokes in a painting - you'd have to keep switching size around.

I've got a few ideas on this for a future update however!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Presets let you switch between types of tool or media (wet oils, dry oils for example), and changing tool size to a predefined value would prevent you quickly changing tool/media types while maintaining a single set of strokes in a painting

Yes, that's why I figured, instead of having the presets switch to the currently selected size,or switch to the original presets size, it would just remember the size I had left it at the last time I used the preset. Does that make sense?

So, for example... I create a preset for the Oil Brush, and saved it at 30% it's full size. I reopen Artrage the next day, select the preset and set it's size to 50%. Select the pencil tool for brief moment (and say I set it at 40% size, for that), then reselect my Oil Brush preset. The idea here is that the preset will have auto-saved the size change (only the change in size, all other options would be retained by the original preset), and instead of going back to the original 30% size it was saved as, it'd go back to the 50% size I had changed it to, before selecting the pencil.

I've got a few ideas on this for a future update however!
    Looking forward to them
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Smile

Thank you both for your help,