ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall and the fallen.

Fall and the fallen.

TOday raining again, and so dark... weather is reminding me of remembrance day, that we used to celebrate in november back in Europe. Kind of sweet sad day, but when the whole cemetery got ignited with candles, in the dark, it was so beautiful and touchy. I tried to convey this mood here.... do not know if i have succeeded. Let me know, please, what you think of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi ATTA and I thought you were a canuk going by your thoughts it seen's like one of the old country's mid to eastern europe ?? but could be norway or up there in the cold climes the pic lookes sort of oldie worldie very nice

This is such a moving and wonderful painting!
    Dear Anna, we still do what You say, here at least.
    Halloween here doesn't actually exist apart from a commercially aimed import. Once there was a similar case which was just an ancient celtic tradition re-elaborated into a scary story telling by grandparents in the night, when candles where lit also in the pumpkins. This definitely finished at my grand-grand parents age or one generation later in my region.
    Now there's only the christian celebration aimed at remembrance, visiting and adorning cemetery (especially with chrysanthema, blooming in this period), with prayers and Masses for our beloved and anyone who passed away so as to help shorten their purgatory time in case. The mutual care and love relationship remains across the death for believers here. Such a day, November the 2nd, is followed by the national Holiday celebrating all Saints two days later.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Everything said with a stroke of your artistic paintbrush, a wonderfully meaningful painting Anna
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Anna, you truly have the gift of letting your emotions flow right down thru the brush. Well done.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

AT-TA... a wonderful painting... very touching and the brushwork and colors are up to your usual high standard...

Anna, I love all the colors in this painting, it is nice that you can paint how you feel, ps are you vancouver area, all my kids live there

This is a powerful painting as I see it, At-ta. Your description was what started me on the trip, and your painting transported me there. Wonderful and touching with a small amount of pain. I see the red as blood shed. And the combination of that with the flowers and the man behind is a poignant spectrum of references to the times to be remembered from last century.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Anna, another lovely painting, I see a windswept blustery autumn day which in turn reminds me of our November Rememberance Day here in Canada