ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Crop/Expand The Canvas...

Crop/Expand The Canvas...

I am currently running Windows Vista, AR 3.5.3 Studio Pro.

I am not sure if this is a bug however:

1) Create a new painting 588x250
    2) Fill the canvas with a neutral grey
    3) Select Crop/Expand The Canvas
    4) Select X (Do not preserve Original Aspect)
    5) Enter Width 638, Height 300
    6) Set the Aspect Option to Bottom Left
    7) Hit OK

There is a small white band at the bottom of the canvas. Is this expected ?

Clayton

Hello Clayton, I just tried it as I use Vista too. I get the same white areas. I have a thick white band at the top and the right hand side and a teeny tiny white line at the bottom. I think what it is, is that you have enlarged the canvas outside the area that you filled with grey in #2 so the new canvas you created is white outside the area of the old canvas size. To correct this all I did was filled in the white area with grey with the "fill" (paint can icon) and the canvas was all grey again, even the teeny tiny white line at the bottom, if that is the effect you want to have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	60634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	60635  
    TeresaW
    My Art blog can be found here and
    PaperTree's Images in the ArtRage Gallery can be found here.

This appears to relate to rounding for the dimensions when you resize the canvas. It's possible to end up with a small horizontal band of the canvas below your layer contents. We've made a note of this to look into for a future update. Thanks for the clear information on what you were doing there!

If you right click the filled layer in the layer panel, then choose 'transform layer contents', you can move the area down by tapping the down arrow on your keyboard, then press enter to confirm which should bring it against the lower edge of your canvas.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi Teresa/Dave,

Many thanks for your replies.

It's not really a big thing, however I thought I would report it as a possible bug.

Clayton