ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Raphael, The School of Athens

Raphael, The School of Athens

As you know I am by far a greater appreciator of Art than an artist and my appreciation is primitive. But I have passion. So, with that said, I ran across this lecture on iTunesU at

http://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/...336?i=85434599

Entitled, "Pagan's in the Church: Raphael's," School of Athens" and Renaissance Cross-Cultural Dialogue." you will enjoy it. We studied it in the one Art History course I took, from a book. I never thought of it in context to the other paintings on the walls that made it part of the whole. Caesar is it fantastic? You are a very lucky fellow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by P. D. Dinkles; 10-03-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

Wait, if found guilty, I will serve Amanda Knox sentence by proxy provided I get out of jail two days a week, to go to the meuseums and the food is good.

Win - Win
    Last edited by P. D. Dinkles; 10-03-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

Dear Dinkles, we would never be grateful enough to our ancestors who were able to complete the unbelievable natural beauties of our country with an as much unbelievable and absolutely peerless quantity and quality of beauties and ideals we got out of their brain and hands!
    And I think that also our western civilization owe them gratitude and the rest of the world may feel admiration and consideration for their everlasting main achievements to re-start so many artistic and intellectual disciplines ... Finally a pride that the whole mankind may share as its own and enjoy whenever they believe in human dignity and the crucial importance and responsibility of us, no matter how insignificant and ephemeral our physical substance is in front of the Universe.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!