ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ipad question

ipad question

this may sound silly but can you still use colour sample sets on a ipad.

There isn't a way to load a .col file (the color sample file types) into the iPad ArtRage. While you can create sample colors on it, which are saved between sessions, there is no way to save a set on the iPad for future use. However, you could use a Reference image workaround. For example, if you have a favorite color sample set for your home computer, you could open it in ArtRage, take a screen shot of it, and then save that image as a PNG file. You could then send that image to your iPad, and open it as a reference image. Since you only need to tap an area of a reference image to pick up a color, it will work in a similar fashion to the sample panel. But you could also select the colors off of the reference image, to transfer them to the sample panel on the iPad at this point.

Here's a screen shot of a color sample set I've made into a PNG image, in ArtRage Studio Pro on my PC:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ar_pc_sample_x.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	60569

And here's the PNG image loaded as a Reference image on my iPad:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ar_iPad_sample_x.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	60572
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

pad question

thanks for your input will give it a try.
    dave

Someonesane: You are an amazing pedagogue, and so generous. This was an excellent tip! Thanx!

New user. Great tip ! Can the same method apply to stickers,brushes, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibui View Post
    New user. Great tip ! Can the same method apply to stickers,brushes, etc.?
    The iPad AR app doesn't support stickers, so stickers and sticker sprays won't work. As for presets for the tools that are present, I don't recall any way to import them, of hand. I'll have to double check. Although, since the tools have the same settings, the settings for any preset could be set within the iPad, then saved as an iPad AR app preset.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks Someonesane. Hopefully,the iPad app will evolve to include these. In the meantime, I am still going to play around with the screenshots, to see what happens. You never know when one tip leads to another. Hoping for continued sanity to you. Shibui ( Gail ... Losing sanity day by day)

Customer Picker tool for .col files

Found this quite useful if graphic representations are needed,

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=26914
    ''The Past does not equal the future'' Anthony Robbins