ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Good Stuff

The Good Stuff

With my Dad passing in December I remember short stories. This one has a painting. Days before Christmas my Dad would start receiving beautiful, aged ornate bottles of alcohol, Scotch, etc. Some were very large.And I am sure my Dad reciprocated in this fine holiday tradition. I remember how ornate the bottles were, like cut crystal design.

There were lots of parties and by the end of holiday season everyone had drank everyone's booze.

I think it was buddies thanking their buddies for a favor received that year or the desire to maintain good feelings in the new year, to mend fences.

You knew when that Irishman was in the room.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Good Stuff.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	60565  
    Last edited by P. D. Dinkles; 10-02-2011 at 09:12 PM.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

Nice story and very nice painting PD

Nice painting P.D., nice story too and we still give a drop of the hard stuff as a thank you at Christmas. (hic hic hic)
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

PD love the story really nice colors in this ... the good stuff all around..

The feeling from the story is as warm as the picture. I love the intention behind it and how you pulled it off as a painting. I see a process where you are looking at something with the golden glow of sentimental memory. And it hits home.

I think these pics of late are bringing into your work a quality of who you are, which makes it authentic, and it can be related to on this level as a viewer. People who talk about Art often go on and on about honesty. In this kind of context it shows very clearly as honest. And the experience while painting is probably satisfying for you as well. The sentiment is indeed clear as crystal.

Well done PD!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You´re doing some great work here of late, PD!

The moon piece is highly evocative, but so is this one. Your story adds to it, but it works very well on its own. This one suggests a fine blend, a great single malt, or an aged Spanish brandy in the warmth it conveys. (Not that I know much about these things. )
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

I desire nothing else except to be favored to be in your good company sharing views, deeply contemplated. To always be within a stone's throw of our common passions.

Besides, you guys rock!
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

This bottle is just magnificent and one of Your best ever in my view, at least among Your vase and glass series! I love it!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!