ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2200

...is the zip code to Nørrebro, an area in central Copenhagen where I live. Its a densly populated and very lively place, with lots of multi culturalism, criminality, graffitti, cars, anarchists and political statement. Sort of the Bronx of Copenhagen. And the greatest place on earth to live :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2200_a.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	429.7 KB 
ID:	60519  

Lived there, having two kids growing up, so yeah it's like the bronx, but has become so even more over the last 10 years with a goverment most of us have been ashamed of for its racists, and fascists behaviour. Nice painting of an environment you have to see.

Tore...just a quick comment.... another stunning work.. I am at work and will check this out more at home and comment further... show us some photos from this area..!!

This is a marvel in my view! Still to analyze it in depth by it's such an amazing visual delight!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Love it, love it, love it. The colours, brushwork and overall scene are perfect Tore
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Tore... wow..again...I really like the deep texture you have achieved especially how you made it look like black stain was worked into the heavy texture on the left and in the middle... the colors seem to be mixed in and stains.. and the splatter of white along the bottom... the ochre color and the grays and pinks are gorgeous together and the black and lines and the high key of bright red-orange add just the right energy to make this a positive and energetic statement....... if you don't mind sharing how did you achieve those textures.. that look like crumbled concrete or stone and get that black to work into it?? amazing work..

Thanks all for the very generous words! And as an answer to Gxhpainter's request I attach both a screendump showing the tools used in this painting (by the way, a lot of great textures can be grabbed both free and royalty free at: http://www.cgtextures.com/) and some photographs from Nørrebro. I haven't taken them myself, just grabbed from the web (google maps), but they give a little impression of the place.
    Frisch: But now those black 10 years are over! New government soon to be in place. Keeping my fingers crossed and keeping up a causcious hope :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	techniques.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	435.3 KB 
ID:	60530   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2200N_Jagtvej-69_soendag_7_aug.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	60531   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	runddelen2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	60532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	runddelen.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	60533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ungdomshuset_p__N_r_329688a.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	400.6 KB 
ID:	60534