ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Curse My Cursor! How do I set ArtRage to have NO Cursor?

Curse My Cursor! How do I set ArtRage to have NO Cursor?

Hi All,

I have AR 3.0.5 Studio Pro. I can't figure out how to have NO cursor at all. Really bugs me! All I see in settings is: precise, outline, and tool. All I want is either nothing or at the very most, a little dot where my tool is. Any way to accomplish this? If not, is that an option in the newest upgraded version of AR?

Thanks!

Joanne :-)

www.JoanneStephens.com

in ArtRage 3.5.2 Studio Pro (which is what I've got) go to preferences --> cursor, set the opacity to zero and you won't see a cursor when painting on the canvas (it's still visible when you hover over menus though)

hope that's working in your ArtRage 3.0 as well ... have fun!

Hi MSIE,

Thank you for the info! I don't see any option for setting the cursor opacity under cursor settings (or anywhere). Maybe not an option in 3.0.5? Or is it not in the cursor settings menu?

Thanks!

Joanne
    www.JoanneStephens.com

hmm .. it seems to be a new feature in ArtRage 3.5.2 then
    you might consider upgrading to the current version (just log into the member area and register your current version with your serial number, then upgrade to the current version, upgrade is free of course)

Name:  cursor opacity.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  75.6 KB

Hope this helps:
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

Lol MSIE, beat me with 1 minute
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

hehe Borilius

frankly I don't remember if this setting was available in older versions .. I never thought about not showing the cursor when painting

now that I think about it - why does my AR say that it's v3.5.2 although I am sure I got v3.5.3 and installed it? uhm ... gotta check this lol

This feature was added in an update since 3.0.5, so it'd definitely be worthwhile downloading the latest version. Feel free to contact me directly via the support page ( 'send a support request' ) at www.artrage.com/artrage-support.html if you need any help updating and I'll be happy to help. Otherwise, you can download the latest version from the Member Area at http://members.artrage.com

MSIE - Check Help -> About ArtRage to make sure. If you're on OS X, the 'get info' version listed may be incorrect, but the app itself is 3.5.3 as long as you see it on the splash screen and About ArtRage screen. We've reuploaded the installer to correct that, but the actual application is the same.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

MSIE and Borilius,

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!! Yipieeee!!! That's the only thing that kept me from using AR for more than just finishing touches on work done in other programs. I almost only use Sketchbook Pro (oops, is that a dirty word around here)?

That darn cursor just bugged the hell outta' me, like it was a fly or something constantly in my way! Lol!

And thank you SO much for the instructions on how to download the latest version, and for FREE! I did NOT know about that. I thought you were kidding!

Happy, happieeeee Joanne!
    www.JoanneStephens.com
    Last edited by beachpony; 09-30-2011 at 05:30 PM.