ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: colours not mixing properly

colours not mixing properly

Hi,
    I have problems with mixing watercolours - bluish hues with yellows. I know that cyan + yellow make green, but this is not always the case with all hues of blue, especially those between blue and violet. Mixing a dark indigo/violet with very light orangey yellow produces a cyan-ish, almost fluorescent green - a thing impossible in real watercolour, and a most annoying bug. It happens with other kind of paint as well - the ones where you can mix colours on the canvas, like oil for example.
    Just now I also noticed I have "real colour blending" enabled when the bug happens... Without it, the colours mix properly - such "real" blending wasn't quite what you intended, I suppose...
    Attached is an example of the bug in action...
    Technical details:
    ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.1
    Intel iMac - OSX 10.6.8
    4gB RAM
    Wacom intuos 4

I know that turning real colour blending off is a sort of workaround, but perhaps this strange behaviour could be corrected...

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mikolaj
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for letting us know. Real Colour Blending is a pretty complex system and it's almost impossible to get every case perfect. In this case, it looks like there's a saturation issue and we've made a note to investigate any potential improvements as we continue to update ArtRage.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design