ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: In the woods

In the woods

One last entry for today: a landscape painting by memory, of the winding road through the forest around Saane/TikÝb - a beatiful place in the sealand countryside where my sister lives :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skovparti.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	446.0 KB 
ID:	60441  

Tore... very very nice.... love the colors and thick paint with your line work..looks like oil paint on a wood panel with overlay of ink pen... to me that is a very effective look..

Love the brushstroke in this one Tore and it makes for a very pleasing painting.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

An evocative composition were the lighter colored linear traits play delightful vibrations of tones.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This is very interesting Tore, I like the texture

Nice composition and stylization of the shapes. Also love the line and color how they play off each other. It's not evenly handled which would make it boring.

I love how the line sort of bunches up giving the linear quality a more tonal quality, which then of course moves across here and there as loose line. Very cool technique very well handled.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for the cool comments :-)
    A thing about this painting that sets it apart from a real oil painting (in a positive way, imo) is that the charcoal sketch which normally is below and covered by the oil paint layers, here instead is placed on the top as an integrated part of the overall expression - thanks to the computers ability to just switch two layers. Something impossible to do with analogue medias.

great composition, and those colours are beautiful, especially the little green triangle in the center

I like this a lot