ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blade the Vampire Slayer

Blade the Vampire Slayer

Wesley Snipes as Blade.
    (Good gosh I wrote the wrong name in the WIP-now corrected-senior moments I guess)
    I made a step by step of my technique that was used in this one. A lot of fun here.
    All AR3.5 Pro.
    Thanks for looking.

Here is the photo ref I used of Wesley Snipes.

I worked more on nose, side of face, glasses, and chin.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Alexandra; 09-25-2011 at 11:13 PM.

Sandy.... hmmmm let me say that again... this is really really amazing !

Sandy, this is awesome, wonderful job, sorry my smilies are not working right now, dont know why?????????????????????????????ps I sent pics of my dog, about 4 days ago did you get them, been having a bit of problem with comp

I really appreciate your support Gary. This was so fun to make, and his features are so cool, I loved painting them. The knife and airbrush are such cool tools to paint with.

Thanks so much dear Pat. I started working on this one, and had such a good time with the pen and tattoo's and detail, it was hard for me to stop.
    Good grief! I need to to check my email, I am bad about that some times, thanks-I look forward to seeing your baby!

Nice stuff. Portraits are tricky but you have it working.

I would point out on the reference you can see how they make the face read. It's a good idea in general, and a must in commercial illustrations like movie posters. They're paying a fortune for the audience that Wesley Snipes can bring in, so they want you to be pulled in by his whole image. Were this a marquee, it would read "Wesley Snip"

So you would need to make the lower part of his face read better. Look at the source pic you took from. See how they cheated the light to make his profile crisp and clear? That far outweighs the logic of the turned up collar being dark to show off a shadowy area. It's lost, and for me that portion of the image is missing. But that's a long winded way of explaining an easily avoidable weak spot.

The rest of it is really cool and you are cookin'! Love how you're playing with type and portrait and graphic design. Very cool. I see all the many points you hit true on. Brava!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Neat Sandy, in more ways than one.

very nice sandy very nice

I worked a bit on this area and thanks D Akey. I also worked a bit on his nose, jaw, and cheek. I wish I had not combined and saved on same file-big mistake, but I was tired and not thinking when I did this. Oh well. I appreciate your kind comment though, and encouragement. I hope you like this one better. If this doesn't work, I might try to go back to another file, and see what I can do. It is not good to do detailed work when you are too tired, but that is just what I did the other night...

Thanks so much dear Neil, so pleased you liked this one.

Thanks so much John. I am a total nut over vampire movies. Had to do one of my favorites. I appreciate your kind comment! BTW, looking forward to seeing your Halloween paintings this year.

Sandy, this is exceptional. All I can say is, Wow.