ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A Magical Place

A Magical Place

Done in oil and knife, fantasy one, she is waking up in a magical place, hence the title
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A Magical Place.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	60332  

Pat I do like the colours and the tree are the leaves hand painted

I love it, Pat! Waking up in a magical place indeed. Has a friend there with her as well.

To me this feels romantic in a sort of Native American Indian in that way, with totem animals and nature spirits. Also the decoration on the blouse/night gown looks like bead work/embroidery. (I keep flip flopping on that impression). And that so looks like The Plains of North America, with the tall grass and open space. Or maybe more of a Little House on the Prairie kind of space.

Either way, it's very warm and inviting.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

thankyou so much eighty, yes the leaves are painted by me, I sort of dab them on with the round brush set at 20, I put the dark first and then add 2 more colors, try it eighty I know you can do it, just dab lightly on your pen
    D Akey, thankyou so much for your kind comments, I dont know where it is anywhere you want it to be, it is my imaginary place, did have a ref photo for girl and added the bird for the feeling of peace and spirituality

Just wonderfing where's this place. Looks like ancient Greece.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very nice feeling in the painting. I really like that sky and tree, and the colors. The kind of "glowing" sky I would like to get done one day.

This is really nice Pat, love the colours.
    Geoff

really nice work here Pat...a bit different than some of your work... but very nice details like the sky and colors and adding the bird....

Thankyou all so much for checking it out and your kind comments, really appreciate it