ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faces

Faces

Pencil drawings of faces...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ansigt_20_09_2011.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	462.7 KB 
ID:	60278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ansigt_21_09_11.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	402.3 KB 
ID:	60279  

And a very expressive one

Name:	ansigt_21_sep_2011.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	60280  

Clever work, I like these very much. I would like to give this a try as well, though I don't think I could get the great expressions you've achieved here.

Spectacular wire art! I think it would be great giving a try ... I wonder whether Your drawings were made without lifting the pen. It would be even more stunning in that case.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks for the words :-)
    @Caesar: Doing these sketches I DO lift the pen from the "paper". My main technique (if you can call it that), is to draw very fast, almost without thinking, almost without looking even. I've done a lot of croquis drawings through the years. Many times a pose is set for 2 minutes, 1 minute, even 30 seconds. That gives a very good practice in catching the absolute essentials in the form you're drawing, and just as important: the flow.
    When drawing faces - especially imaginary ones as these - I make a starting point in the basic muscular structure of the face: the ring muscles around the eyes and the mouth, being the most prominent. This way I can lay out a very quick "landmark" structure that maps the overall form. From there I just jump from island to island, constantly moving the pen when adding detail.
    Speed is important to make the drawing light and not suffocating the form. The faces here took less than 10 minutes maybe even 5, to finish.
    I've attached an unfinished facial drawing and a 10 second croquis of my wife to illustrate the importance of simplification and of loosen up your drawing hand (well, important for me, anyhow) :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Tore... these are really nice.. I like the toned backgrounds against the croquil pen like drawings... thanks for the tips on how you approach these...interesting and great ideas for us...

wow, those are great! I especially like the expression of the third face

I'd love to see more of your work

These are all brilliant and I am looking forward to seeing many more from you Tore
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I love the style of drawing. It goes contrary to so many others of what we see so commonly like for the studio and comic books. It has a fringe, intellectual feel as if we're getting a totally different take on the same thing we've come to take for granted. It speaks to me of appealing to the mind first though it's visually appealing in its own right.

Well done. Thanks for bringing it up to see.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Face of the day (self portrait)

Name:	ansigt_selvportr.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	348.7 KB 
ID:	60431