ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell Summer 2011, hello Autumn

Farewell Summer 2011, hello Autumn

A post to celebrate the end of Summer 2011. These Late Summer Light paintings could have been plein airs but actually I have used photo pictures and Street Views and painted them by ArtRage with oil brush and knife. These are landscape and life style sceneries in Europe. Special thank goes to Fred Fouarge, Gerard Boukes and Huub Machiels who made some of the original photo pictures.

Inspired by Google Street View I went to the city of Arles (France). I found the Rue du Grand Prieuré and made an ArtRage painting of it in Autumn colours (oil on old canvas). Street View url http://g.co/maps/shksr :

First of November 2011. Sunset over the Kraaiven (Crow Pond) in Tilburg (NL) with a light roaring biplane overhead in the wind still sky. Underway back to home I took a picture and made a painting (oil brush and knife) that same evening of that moment.

Today the Dutch airline Martinair operated its very last passenger flight. Due to restructuring the company continues after 53 year now, solely as a air freighter company under the wings of KLM. To honour the airline I painted a nostalgic air stair scenery of the Martinair of the past:

Underway to Leuven I made a stop in the King Leopold Avenue in Westerlo. This speed painting was painted within 20 minutes:

Last Friday I went to Leuven in Belgium and came along this eat cafe (brasserie) in the city centre. Leuven is one of Belgium's most renown university cities and is the birth place of the Stella Artois Breweries. Painted with oil brusch only:

Monday I stayed at Hotel New York in Rotterdam for a lunch. Hotel New York is the former head quarter of the Holland America Line. The beautiful Autumn light shined over the Maas river and coloured the hotel interior in amber tones. Made a picture and ArtRaged it (95% knife and 5% oil brush):

A red fence near Pabillonis on the Italian isle Sardinia. Founded during my trip with Google Maps Street View last weekend. To achieve an impressionistic 'en plein air' art piece I forced myself to paint it within 30 minutes. The biggest kick is to paint the red fence, the flowers in the field and grass details at the very end, to let them popping out.

Zandvoort beach in Autumn light. Painted by Briex to original photo by Gerard Boukes:

Another year fall storm is heading for the Dutch coast. Original picture taken by Gerarad Boukes, ArtRaged with oil brush and knife by Briex:

After my work, when I return homewards on my bike I come along this pond. It's situated along the Wolterbeekstraat in Tilburg. Today it was an exceptional day, wheather wise. Rain and hail showers with lightning mixed with bright sunny spells made the sky turbulent looking with magnificent towering clouds reflecting the Autumn sunlight.

Two speed paintings of Dutch beaches during Autumn. With permission of two great Dutch photographers I was able to translate their pictures into true impressionistic art pieces, painted with AR oil brush and knife. The upper is the beach at Zandvoort (original photo of Gerard Boukes) and the 2nd one is the specious beach at Noordwijk, originally photographed by Philip Verhagen:

Villa Dongewyk. Former inn and cafe, now private house. Anno 1600. Pictured and painted last Autumn weekend around 8 AM when the sun just rised. The legs of my jeans were soaked wet because of the morning dew in the high grass:

A country road near Baarschot in Autumn light:

These Dutch girls have left their Summer and enjoying the good Autumn-life during a dinner in their elderly home:

Hay barn with food silo in hamlet Vijfhuizen (NL) on an early Autumn morning:

Copper coloured late Summer light shines over the green river landscape between Diessen and Baarschot, The Netherlands:

Late Summer light on Maastricht seen from the slopes behind the village Sint Pieter. Sint Pieter is the home town of André Rieu. At the right side you see the river Meuse (Maas). A the left side you see the Sint Servaas cathedral and the Sint Jan church tower.

View from Sint Pieter towards Maastricht east bank, named Wyck and Randwyck. At the far left the Colonel-building. In the front you see the Province House and the MECC (Maastricht Exposition & Congres Centre) along the Maas (Meuse), the river which springs at the French Plateau de Langres and mouths in the North Sea in Rotterdam:

Downtown Maastricht in Autumn:

Sint-Pieter from the North side seen:

Farm Estate Zonneberg (Sun Mountain), Maastricht:

Dusty road, Voeren (Belgian Limburg):

Wine estate Apostelhoeve, Maastricht:

Self portret while painting the Apostelhoeve 'en plein air', Maastricht:

A Google Street View link to the painting spot below (but then during Winter time): http://g.co/maps/znwjt

River Geul (a wild water stream, spotted in Limburg):

Hilly landscape near Eckelrade:

Another tribute to Fred Fouarge. He made the original "chemical sunset" photo picture of which I made an impressionistic speed painting. This is a part of the huge DSM (Dutch State Mines) complex, nowadays named Chemelot, in Geleen (NL):

Country Estate Slavante, Maastricht:

Last edited by Briex; 11-03-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Dear Brix, You get en-plein-air looking artpieces also from pictures, so fine is Your art and sensibility!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

All I can say is wow, these are so neat, I like how the curved elements in the first one leads the eye into the painting.
    Geoff

Beautiful even though hate to see winter coming.

These are beautiful paintings with a hint of Autumn sunshine. They are all great
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanks for the replies. I miss the province Limburg where I am born and grown up though, despite the lack of hills, I like the neighboring province North Brabant (where I live now) very much aswell.

wow.. these are so wonderful.. they are rich in details and great color and tones and fabulous landscapes.... I really love all of these each is a jewel....

These are awsome. Farewell to summer, a fitting tribute to your home town and the summer of 2011.

Yesterday I went to Thorn (NL), the "white village" and made another plein air painting of a street view (you can visit Thorn via this Google Maps Street View link: http://g.co/maps/665r4: