ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: tablets

tablets

can anyone tell me if the following tablets run artrage3:-
    archos wifi tablet
    asus transformer 101
    motorola xoom
    iconia a500
    samsung galaxy

Well, my presumption is that you'll need something that runs a full OS to use the full version of Artrage- either Windows (Xp, 7, Vista, etc) or Mac. If the device has an iOS then you can use the App but not the full version.

If you want to run the full version of Artrage on a portable device, you'll need to look at stuff like convertible tablet pc's. There's lots of used ones on ebay for around 500$. Most of the current batch of slates are more of "entertainment slates" with underpowered processors or mobile OS's.

I'm not sure about what the tablets you've mentioned run, but if you can find out if they use a full version of Mac or Windows, then you'll know if you can run the full version of Artrage on it or not.

Good luck!

no, those are all android tablets.

there is no current artrage version for android devices.
    there is however an artrage for ipad.

As Screenpainter points out these are all android OS running on ARM processors. So currently artrage wont run on them.

Windows 8 when it comes out will run on ARM processors, which will allow you to run the windows version of artrage on these cheaper types of tablets if you install it as your OS.

With only around 1 gig of ram and around 1ghz processor you would be only just over the minimum requirements for artrage so how well it ran would be another matter (as noted by Steve in his post). Also they are capacitive touch screens (are not wacom pen enabled) which means they don't track your finger/stylus very well and do not support pressure sensitivity.
    Last edited by Juz; 09-16-2011 at 02:03 PM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

tx guys for your input i think it must be an ipad then
    dave.

...or wait for Win8 devices.
    The Developer version was released 2 days ago

Juz, still, that sounds great then being able to run full version artrage on a portable device.
    how that will compare to artrage on ipad and how it performs will be interesting indeed.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 09-17-2011 at 06:25 AM.