ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ambient forum delays

ambient forum delays

Any idea why I get a spinning wheel telling me it's trying to connect after clicking a link on the forum?
    server problems?
    anyone else experiencing these delays?

thanks.

Been that way for days here.

Figured there was ArtRaging deep within the bowels of Earth via the mines of yonder island. So I waited for the wheels to stop spinning in the mud. I think some burlap under the tires might help. I've got some burlap sacks. Short of that, I'm helpless.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It's possible that at the time you clicked the link the server was busy handling lots of requests, but if you continue to see this could you email me at support@artrage.com and let me know
    -How long the pause lasted
    -What the link was that you clicked
    -What time it was

This may help with getting an idea of what might've happened for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

My slow moments last only about 5-10 seconds which is longer than I've noticed prior except on days where you guys said you were working on the back end of it a year or two back.

I will track it though. Mostly for me it's only a few seconds so I've just lessened my expectations and it's tolerable though I wouldn't want it to get much slower if at all possible.

Thanks Dave.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

thought I had it narrowed down to a firefox security add on called AVG but after disabling it still getting delays.
    will let you know when and if I get it figured out.

under add ons firefox says java console is incompatible with Firefox 6.02
    could that be a problem when clicking links inside the forum?
    I wish I had never upgraded Firefox.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 09-16-2011 at 08:30 PM.

I'm currently using the newest release version of Firefox, and haven't been experiencing any slow downs (that I've been able to notice). Not sure if that narrows anything down, but thought I'd mention it.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks SOS. That is always helpful to know, yes.

I don't really have the time to mess around with it so I downloaded the Firefox 7 beta. problem solved!
    Last edited by screenpainter; 09-18-2011 at 10:14 AM.