ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A hairy one

free2 Guest

A hairy one

A hairy one... not so easy . making hair - really not knowing how to make hair

and making straight lines... is it possible?
    How to make a straight line? like in Photoshop? click - hold down the shift-key and click somewhere else?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

free2 Guest
    A new one - hairy one two too!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like the expression =) The only thing I could suggest, while it might be intentional is that maybe it'd feel a bit more balanced if the legs were more directly under it as if supporting the weight.It's a neat looking critter though.

ArtRage doesn't currently have a line tool. We focused on the freehand look and feel, but we do pay attention to suggestions and add new features as we update the software.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

free2 Guest
    As I tried to say - you do not need to invent a line tool - just let the user click somewhere and then holding down the shift-key clicking somewhere else and a straight line will appear... no line tool needed.... the same technique can be used for curves . click somewhere - hold down ctrl-key click again and a third click will give you a curve...

There are curves and then there are curves.

While I think your idea would have some uses, I wouldn't mind a line tool that will follow a maneuverable path as created on a case by case basis, with different arcs and so forth.

I mean, might as well design it right rather than create a limited paradigm that would have to constantly be modified and built upon, being an inherently hobbled foundation. IMHO.

free2 Guest
    Have you tested making lines in P-shop?
    Just click - hold down the shift-key - klick somewhere else and you get a straight line between the two points... really easy... and helpful in many situations...

I believe you can implement curves in the same easy way - curves constructed out of three points... and you do not have to have any vectorlines....

Artrage is for creative painting... not for constructing things.-.-. but having the possibility to do something straight sometimes and a smooth curve sometimes can be nice!
    :roll:

I'm definitely not dismissing your idea, like I say, we do try to pay careful attention to what our users want. It's definitely useful to be able to make lines and curves, that's for sure! =)
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I'm sorta going back on what I said.

I was thinking about that 3 point calculation for creating a curve. I suppose it would essentially be the same as the path tool, just a different interface than pulling the control line from a point. I suppose you could create the two end points and based on where you hovered the cursor before placing the point to one side, a curve could be calculated, displayed and finally made permanent with a click.

Cool notion.