ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lotus for Sale

Lotus for Sale

HI,

Just a water/oil painting of a lady from Burma selling lotus and orchids to be used by Buddhists in a Buddhist Holiday. The background of firework was going on but when I took a picture of her passing by, the firework does not show so I used sticker spray to depict the firework, thanks to those people who created it. This painting was modified using my picture and other ref. paictures in the internet.

The picture was taken in Thailand at the border of Thailand and Burma. It was obvious that this lady is a Burmese from the way she carried the flowers on her head. The Thais can't do it.

The lotus are white, folded because the Asians do not believe in offering the Buddha images things that are not cleaned, arranged in beautiful shapes if possible.

When I was little, girls had to learn in fruit carving, flower foldings and many other arts (and was kept away from science). I used to complain a lot for I found it very boring and got kicked out of the classes a few times. But I still can arrange flowers though! On science and math, my father intervened and I could take science with the best of the kids that is how this old woman ended up in Computer Science.

Any comments and advice are welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jasmine, what a nice story, and such a beautiful painting

I enjoyed both the right-up and the picture! Congrats!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Thanks so much Pat and Wenkat.

I'm pretty sure Pinkpanther would have guessed a car reading the title!
    Very pretty and well painted miniature indeed!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

JasmineK... beautiful painting and your commentaries are always very interesting.. thanks for sharing both with us.

Thanks for every friend who looks and comments. Really appreciate it.

Fine job Jasmine, and I always look forward to reading your background material on your work.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Wonderful painting Jasmine and wonderful story. I can just imagine this beautiful lady and her beautiful flowers.