ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cintiq 24HD released

Cintiq 24HD released

"I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Damn! Another unaffordable to covet.

LOL yeah c'mon lotto

I have the 21ux and it takes up an enormous amount of space and is exceptionally heavy but at least the side panels are quite compact. On this thing they seem to have grown to 3 times the width, add that to the much wider screen and this thing is monster size. I'd have to save up for a desk strong and large enough as well.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Yeah, did you see how much it weighed? Something like 60 pounds, including the stand.

I have to say, it doesn't seem very "HD" to me. Pixel ratio is still .27- the screens just bigger. If they had actually put the pixel count in the existing model, then it'd be a tiny bit closer to HD. It also seems rather dull- only 190 cd/m. I dunno, I just don't see what it offers that isn't already available, besides a slightly bigger screen. The major complaints I've heard about the 21ux Cintiqs (and there usually aren't many) is that the is sorta cr*p compared to even your most basic LCD TV's and monitors nowadays, in terms of contrast, brightness, pixels, etc.

yeah but you still need it hooked up to a computer right? that's like yesterday's technology it seems to me. If it was a free standing computer with an anti glare screen then you have something.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 09-16-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Yeah, but I've had my Cintiq for almost 6 years now ... and it's outlived two different computers. If it was an 'all in one', would you really want to shell out for a new one every time you changed your computer?

I'd LOVE an new 24HD, but I too wish it had a higher quality LCD.