ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduce myself & Lemon tutorial result

Introduce myself & Lemon tutorial result

Hello,
    My name is Harl & I am new here and to artrage. I think the program is amazing so far and I have only done my first tutorial...

Would appreciate any advice on learning the program, and any art advice as well.

I am a gentleman in my 60's. I live in the USA. I have been "foolin'" around with art for awhile now, mostly watercolor, but a couple of acrylics as well. I hit a stumbling block and took a few months off, and decided to try digital art for my come back...

Here are my results from my first endevor...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lemon tut by kb.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	60029  

Hi Harl,

Looks great. Not to worry it looks like you will get the hang of this program in no time. You are one up on most people. you are coming into the digital world with some basics of painting already behind you. This program is designed to fit every person who uses it. Just use the tools like you would the real ones. The nice thing is you have absolute control over thinners, brush sizes paper and more... you aren't just left to the elements so to speak, you are in control of your art. As an artist i would say the first thing to do to help teach yourself this craft is to look at other peoples art. study how they use their tools. Copy their work feel how the achieved different effects and looks. and the biggest piece of advice I can ever give anyone starting out and that is put down the keypad and pic up a sketch pad and pencil and just draw and draw. and then draw some more! Also really look at things. Example your lemons have dimples all over the skin just like oranges do. Feel the texture and see it in your minds eye and paint it.

I know you are probably thinking easier said than done......well it will be if you keep at it cause I guarantee there will be a day that will come in your art life that you will be working on a piece and you will stop and realize wow did i just do this?!! Keep at it and don't give up and I promise next time I won't just babble on Welcome to art rage !!!

Welcome and congratulation for such a neat work show! I like it and the contrasting colors making tghe lemon taste more sour somehow.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Welcome to the ArtRage forum. Looks like you've got a great grasp of ArtRage.... Have fun!!!!

Thank you cartuneman! I like to ramble on myself! So keep it up, and it sounded like good advice.

Kenmo and Caesar - thanks for the welcome and the comments!

Welcome to this friendly forum. I am 61 so we are just about the same age.

This painting tells me that a lot of great work is coming.

Cheers!

Welcome to Artrage and you made a fine start. Looking forward to seeing more from you.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hi uneek, a warm welcome to the forum, the people are wonderful here, I am 71 and started here about a yr and half ago and love it, cartuneman gave great advise, you really have a great start with the lemons, looking forward to seeing more of your work

hy Harl, welcome to the forum great start with those lemons! have fun