ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Lag/Freezing problem with Studio Pro 3.5.3

Lag/Freezing problem with Studio Pro 3.5.3

I had this problem with the demo as well, so I'm not sure if it's limited to the scope of Studio Pro.

What happens is, when I'm trying to be specific while choosing a color, or holding a slider or radial interface for too long (about 5 seconds), the program seems to freeze or lag until I release the mouse button or tablet pen press (the problem persists for both, in exactly the same manner).

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, using a Wacom Intuos4 with latest drivers.

I have correctly installed the no_ink file, with no .txt extension. I have also completely disabled the native Tablet PC services via the Services panel, as well as killing my Wacom Bamboo's driver (another tablet I travel with) via task manager. The problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... It's really irksome to have to quickly flick at sliders and the color picker, hoping I get the value I want.
    Last edited by Faolan; 09-13-2011 at 11:02 AM.

I can replicate that behavior occasionally (win7 64) if I hold on one precise spot for 5 seconds. The screen stops updating but any drag you make during the apparent freeze is processed and updated on mouse up. If I move the mouse or tablet at all during the 5 second process this doesn't happen. Similarly, if I try again after it has happened once I am unable to get it to happen until I alt-tab out of the app then back in.

If you're having to make quick gestures does that mean you can get this to happen without holding the stylus still for 5 seconds? It may be that your machine's busy with something and that's making it easier for it to occur.

Could you contact us at support@artrage.com and let us know the specs of your machine and a list of the software you have running at the time we'll see if we can work out why it appears to be happening more frequently for you.

Re. 'no_ink' - That file does nothing in ArtRage Studio or Studio Pro, it's purely an ArtRage 2.5 or earlier fix for Ink Services.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Replying to your email shortly. It happens consistently for me, even if I alt-tab or try it multiple times in a row, it does the same thing. It doesn't seem to matter if I move the mouse or pen during the 5 second press, the screen freezes no matter what. I do notice that the stroke is still being processed and it still moves where it was supposed to, despite the screen freeze, but it's still somewhat bothersome that it happens.

I'll email you a list of running programs shortly, but I'm not sure if they'll affect it since it's mostly messaging and utilities (volume control, task manager etc)

I'm guessing no one really has an answer to my problem?

I'm looking in to the details at the moment. As the behaviour you're seeing is different to the behaviour I see here I need to check in to a few things. I'll be sending an email shortly.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Alright, thanks mate. I've sent a reply, really hoping you all can help me out on this one.