ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding a Direction

Finding a Direction

just follow the arrows...easy peasy... even in a dark and messy space..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finding a Direction.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	59997  
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 09-12-2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: fix colors

Wow. I will have to let this one finish talking. It's a little like having been smacked upside the head and clarity is starting to slowly come back. And this is somewhere in the middle. . .

It really is an amazing design, and the marks are really juicy. Visually it's riveting. On the surface of it with the first impression it feels like flying over a city with tall buildings at night looking down, all the individual signs, and traffic controls and agendas and stories sort of clustering together within an overall set of structures on the grid. Taken in whole it has a beauty and form and strange harmony.

Like they used to have as the intro to the old show "Naked City":
    "There's a thousand stories in the naked city, and this is just one. . . "

But this painting is somewhere in the hazy middle, where it's about the choices, where to go, what to look at, what to think about, what to paint, what story to lock in on and run with. . .

And therein lies the fascination and the wonder. . . and to some extent the vast choices coming forth and about narrowing the selections available in a limitless place.

Very strong image, GX.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

D Akey... you always seem to "paint" with words with complexity and richness ..my sincere thanks for that... this is about the gritty side of living in a city... guess I have seen too many episodes of "The Wire"...

I find this one disturbing - nothing is "easy" in this painting, and I seem to get lost after looking at it for more than a minute .. those ragged edges everywhere are confusing me
    help!

but hey, I'll keep trying to find those arrows ...

Gary, there is so much to see in this, I could not stop staring at it, I see steps going to a door, or window, and a portrait above the window, this is amazing, I dont know if you read your comment I gave in one of yours, its on page 2 now, but I said I was going to buy a castle so I could hang all your abstacts lol great job again

MSIE.... don't feel bad that is just how I felt the last time I went to a nearby major city!!.... guess I am turning into a country pumpkin...

Pat ..LOL yes I saw your comment about needing a castle... I think there are a few available in California right now....all you need is a few million and one of them could be yours... you could furnish it with all the super art found here in the AR forum.. ( including several of yours I will add.. )

no, I think it's because the painting is just too small when enlarged
    I love looking at your paintings full size, just to enjoy your brush strokes and such - but this one is just too small
    oh .. but hey .. nothing wrong with country pumpkins

Fascinating Gary. Abstract expressive geometry. Wonderful.

I admit a GPS navigator wouldn't work here, also because this painting invites the observer to stay and induce some sort of oblivion I find ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Love the palette and the design is incredible... another abstract masterpiece....