ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Creating an Embellishment or....

Creating an Embellishment or....

Okay...perhaps my question will prove to have been duplicated by someone in an earlier thread or perhaps it will simply be impossible or stupid...but I'm gonna ask anyway!

Can I, as of 2011 in ArtRage, create a shape only without a background so that I could make a digital embellishment to a picture? I saw the post dated 2008 but wasn't sure if this enhancement had yet been made possible in ArtRage or if it was even being considered as a possible enhancement?

My apologies if I'm technically-verbal illiterate in my question.... I am scrapbooking and would like to make my own pumpkin for a picture? I realize I could import the background I'm using into Artrage but doing that for an entire Halloween album of my daughter would be timely???

Thanks ahead of time for anyone that might read this and sorry if I put the question in the wrong forum?

GigiCharm

Selecting "View", then "Canvas Settings", and setting the option for "Opacity" down to "0%" will make your canvas transparent. I'm not sure what to tell you to do next, because I don't think I fully understand your workflow method. If you don't plan to use ArtRage to put your pumpkin image over the photo's of the album you're creating, how do you plan to do it? Are you using a second program for page formatting? If that's the case, you're probably going to want to export the image (the pumpkin with a transparent background) as a PNG, so it retains the transparency, and can be used in the other program.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

what about just exporting the layer? this will automatically create a .png with transparent background, even if you leave the texture opacity at 100% default while painting your pumpkin

see attached image - I painted a pumpkin and saved the image using the method mentioned above .. if you save this to your hard drive and import it in ArtRage or even your Scrapbooking software, it should show only the pumpkin and no background.

Name:  pumpkin.png
Views: 92
Size:  113.2 KB

to export a layer in ArtRage, in the layer panel go to the layer you want to export and click the bottom right button, then select "Export Layer".
    it will save as .png automatically.

before you do this, you might merge all layers (say, you painted the pumpkin on one layer, the shadows on a second layer, the face on a third layer ...).

it's easy and very useful
    hope that helps ...

WOOHOO it worked! It wouldn't work just exporting as a .png, but changing canvas settings did....thank you thank you to both of you! Fab as always my ArtRage friends!

Oh no....now I'm really gonna be addicted!

If I can ever help you, (doubtful because of my inexperience) but just ask and I will try!

Blessings,
    GigiCharm