ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Do I have to have the old version installed to upgrade?

Do I have to have the old version installed to upgrade?

I've just received the latest special offer on an upgrade to ArtRage3, based on the fact I owned a previous version. I'm very tempted. Thing is, the computer I had ArtRage on crashed and burned years ago.

Do I need to have a previous version installed (or know the serial number) to make an upgrade version work?

You don't need the previous version to get the upgrade working, it's a brand new installer. The only time you'd need your old registration key would be if you hadn't received the offer email and wanted to upgrade via our Member Area, so you should be fine without the details.

We can also provide your details if you purchased directly from our store, contact us at support@artrage.com if you'd like your original key again and we'd be happy to help.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks for the reply. I've just tried putting a copy in the cart, and I get the reply "The coupon/promo code seems to have expired. Please try again."

I hadn't actually gotten as far as putting in the promo code, and the email says the offer is good until the 13th.

Wait, wait...looks like it's going through...

Ach. No. Now it's giving me the message when I input the promo code.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. The code's good for another 3 days but however I go about entering it, be it by clicking the link in the email or going directly via the website, it reports that it has expired.

What makes it even more irritating is that I can use my current serial number to upgrade via the members area either as it cone up with an error that says "The coupon code you have claimed is for an old system."

It looks like there's a problem with the coupons provided by that store. We've contacted them and asked them to fix it but in the meantime if you are having a problem purchasing please get in touch with us directly by forwarding your sale offer email to support@artrage.com and we'll get you a working discount coupon.

Sorry for the problem!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.