ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junkyard Rods

Junkyard Rods

Everything was digitally drawn & painted in ArtRage Studio Pro 3.52 except for the "Junkyard Rods" sign...For that I used Photoshop Elements 9.0....

A recent clean up of my hard drive I found the hot rod about 60% completed on a blank white background....

I had a lot of fun creating this...

Cheers

Ken

PS: The Packard Service sign is an image I found on the net. The sign on the door is from my hot rod stencil set. It's for Schnedier Racing Cams....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kenmo; 09-09-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Kenmo... you are great with these... love the building and the rod is too cool.. great work I am glad you resurrected this one

Thats great Kenmo
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

so cool making places like this. I really like it!

Thanks kindly....

Forgot to mention the power lines were drawn with the ink pen. The birds on the wire are stickers...

Nicely done
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Wow! Look at all the details, things that no doubt people familiar with that stuff would get a kick out of roaming your pic and discovering. A sort of nostalgic celebration for some of us, while I would guess that stuff is still on the hot rod and motorcycle weekender rides. Got some of them around here. Very famous.

Great rendering by the way. I would recommend that the black you have behind the car on the wall for separation may not have been the most ideal choice because it looks like a shadow and implies a light source coming from near the ground. And it's a little extreme in its blackness. Other than that though this rocks.

I love the car. Wow! This picture sort of reminds me overall of some old model railroad setups. It's a great way to show off your passions and love of cars.

I'm impressed. Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I like it very much
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

mannafig, silvy, Alexandra - many thanks for the comments...

D Akey - Yes, I attend a lot of car shows and own a vintage 1960 Corvette myself. I'm a big fan of tradtional stle hot rods and the classic cars in general... Also thanks for the comments on the shadows, I was a little stumped on them at the time...and you've given me some insight....

Cheers

Ken