ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Close to Home

Close to Home

This was an experiment with colors and differential effects. I painted over the black trying to pick up various colors with this effect. I added a layer and brighter flowers and bird, nest-the fencing stamp. I think the birds are too small, I might go back and enlarge them. Just an experiment with oils on difference.
    I hope you enjoy, thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Neat! The flowers are very delicate, which is a nice contrast to the barbed wire. The birds are tiny, but I like them! Keep experimenting - it's fun to see what you come up with!

~ Scribbles

Very nicely done Sandy. I like this a lot! The birds may be a little small, but I wouldn't enlarge them much.
    If you compare them with the barbs on the wire, they don't appear to need resizing much, imo.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

"You see my child," she says to her fledgling, "There is much beauty between the lines."

"I will look for it, Mama. . ."

"Be grateful for who you are, because to little birds who fly, fences are merely resting places."

"Gosh. . ." replied the little bird.

"On this particular fence, always lite between the barbs and don't be like your flighty father. . . just another shrimp on the barbie. . ."
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Alexandra... interesting choice of colors.. the black makes this look more like a fabric print which would be very interesting...how many women would wear a dress/skirt with barbed wire... or how many men would wear a shirt with little pink flowers...... anyway. a good experiment..

Scribbledsoul Mike, and Gary, thanks-I will enlarge them a bit and see how it appears. I appreciate your kind replies!

Gary, thank you very much. I wanted to see what tone would come through the differential setting, interesting effects, I didn't think of a fabric-that would be a great idea!

Haha D Akey, thanks! and ouch, poor father.
    Last edited by Alexandra; 09-09-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Reply to Gary

Gorgeous experiment Sandy, pulling those flowers out of the black paint is extremely effective
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

beautiful job...
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Alexandra, the 30 first paintings i made always started with a black background, from the thought of creation from nothing to its counterpoint white, which is everything of creation.

I love the absolute contrast, and my experience was that everything can come from black, and be created.

It's beautiful.
    Last edited by Frisch; 09-09-2011 at 05:12 PM.