ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can you imagine ...

Can you imagine ...

... AR running on this http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/05/mic...izza-and-beer/ with real brushes?

Cheers,
    Bradipo (aka Matteo)

Josh Blake had windows 8 developer preview running on Microsoft surface within 24 hours of the developer release. Check the video out here :-
    http://microsoft-news.com/windows-8-...osoft-surface/
    Last edited by Juz; 09-19-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

I really think that start screen of windows 8 is just annoying and ugly. I would be so tired of that in less than a week.

I think artrage running on a MS surface might indeed be a lot of fun though.

You'll be able to just boot straight into the old school win7 type desktop and avoid metro altogether by release if that is your preference.

It's really very early to judge, the final release is rumored to be fall 2012 and its hard to imagine you wont be able to colour theme the tiles and background by then.

The thing about the metro interface is that its really geared towards touch. It may look very bland in a still but becomes far more interesting when its working with 'live tiles' (animation and real time updating). On a touch device this OS makes a lot of sense... I love it on my win7 phone and can't wait to install it on my touch tabletPC.

On my workstation which doesn't have touch i'll likely boot to the legacy desktop as i can't see metro suiting cintiq/keyboard/mouse setup on that machine. Still with around a year left of development metro may well suit this machine too by release. The huge performance and productivity improvements make the upgrade a must for me.

Completely agree that artrage on a microsoft surface would be uber-cool. A bit like playing retro tabletop games like Galaga and Space Invaders only way more productive
    Last edited by Juz; 09-19-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)