ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space Pod v4

Smile Space Pod v4

this is something I painted some days ago ... forgot about it ... found it today, and suddenly it appealed to me

if I remember right it was done with watercolour, felt pen, and perhaps even some sticker spray?

hope you like it - comments and critics always welcome!
    please click to enlarge ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110821_space pod v4_framed_WEB.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	310.6 KB 
ID:	59795

Like a spiral, or the eye ..
    Kidding
    It's nice and I love the colors .i liked a lot

MSIE...so glad you found this little treasure... I love the colors and watercolor like brush work and build up of colors and shapes.. great mix of flat color and 3D shapes.. I can really see this mounted on a wall... check out
    http://www.bumblejax.com/... they do a super job with acrylic mounting.. they have some You Tube videos that I stumbled on... kind of expensive but they do a super job mounting ... I would like this at 30" in a acyrlic mount..

I think this is brilliant and so glad that you found it. I agree with Gary that it would fabulous on any wall. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Love this one MSIE and do agree that this would be beautiful hanging on a wall

I agree this is sweet looking. Great color

Oh wow, I like it! Lovely brilliant colors, and a great sense of depth. Keep it up!

Suha, gxhpainter, coops, pat, evan, Alexandra, and scribbledsoul ~ thank you all for looking and for your kind comments! much appreciated I'm glad you liked this

@ gxhpainter - thank you for the link to Bumblejax; I've watched some of their videos, great work they are doing with those prints!!! the acrylic mount looks awesome!
    unfortunately I'm not able to spend so much money for luxury things like printing/framing my own art, even though I would love to do so ...

~~~

I've attached some screenshots of the steps I took while creating this painting. as mentioned before, I painted the first layer and forgot about it - I thought it was ugly
    see for yourself - all layers hidden but the first (original) one:

[click to enlarge]

Name:	Space Pod step 1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	472.8 KB 
ID:	59976

then, after some days, while looking through my ArtRage folder, I opened the painting and created a second layer (blend mode "Overlay") - and suddenly the thing looked much nicer

[click to enlarge]

Name:	Space Pod step 2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	479.2 KB 
ID:	59977

from there on, I just made some adjustments by adding shadows and such on different layers with different blend modes

[click to enlarge]

Name:	Space Pod step 3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	474.7 KB 
ID:	59978

thanks for looking

MSIE.... cool stuff neat to see the original "ugly" one... I think it has great shapes and interesting textures... good that you waited a day or so and came back to it... that is the great thing about digital work ..you can take something that is weak and with a few new layers and little work and BOOM.. ... a real great image comes out. .. you really took this one to a really nice work. I know what you mean I would love to have some of my works printed and framed but cost way to much... although I did just sell a couple and had canvaspop print them up... I am sealing them with Glamor II from BreathingColor... and then sending them out... CanvasPop was a little cheaper and did a very nice job with them even keeping my "borders" ... anyway keep up the great work!!