Thread: replacement glitch

Gallery
    View images

replacement glitch

I had the original artrage 2 free, then I downloaded the newer version. (That was a couple of months ago) Just today I noticed that I had two artrage 2's! I clicked on the older version, and it was all buggy. Shouldn't installing the new version replace the old version?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interesting_559.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	4723  

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there!

Basically, on Windows, there was a problem with previous free versions where if you installed the full version on top, it would use the same folder, upgrading the installation, but then if the user uninstalled the Free version, because filenames were the same, it would remove parts of the Full Installation, which was a nuisance to say the least. Free Edition 2.2 ( and future versions ) installs to a different folder, so that ArtRage Full and Free edition can be independantly installed and uninstalled without causing problems.

I assume from your message that you had the older free version, then installed the newer free version. If you check on your computer, do they exist in two separate folders? Let me know where you find them and I'll take a look here. That screenshot to me, looks like the old version trying to use the resource file of the new version. To fix this, uninstalling your old version may work, but to be extra sure you can uninstall them both and reinstall the new version and you should find that everything works correctly once more.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Everything works fine now, I just have to make sure I click on the right Artrage 2. I haven't uninstalled the old version, but here are their locations:
    Old Free: C:\Program Files\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2
    New Free: C:\Program Files\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2

The same folder. As you said, the resource file(s) were replaced but not the launcher. I tried doing this same thing once with a game demo after I borrowed the full version from my friend, but it didn't work

Gallery
    View images
    That makes a lot of sense as you had the early Free Edition. Fortunately we've fixed this problem in the current release so they play nicely together by default. Really happy to hear things are working well for you once more =)
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design