ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Call of the Search

The Call of the Search

like the songs of whales, and music in the spheres... a vibration goes out looking for an audience.

this is better enlarged and seen close for the textures and brushwork.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Call of the Search.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	494.9 KB 
ID:	59788  

it's a pity that my english isn't good enough to describe my thoughts and feelings when looking at your paintings

so I'm just telling you that I love the "scratches" on the background, and that I like the blue triangles on the top <--> the red waves on the bottom; and the colourful chaos on the left <--> the well-regulated squares on the right

to cut a long story short - I like it a lot

MSIE....it is good to have such a friend to appreciate my works...your comments are understood and very much appreciated.

So much life in your textures and colors! I think this is now one of my faves!

Gary, you are not going to believe this, I just made an abstract with the whale in mind too. I still have a bit of work to do on it, but I will upload it soon.
    I love your work, another beauty!

For my money, this is one of your very best, GX!

It's bold in color and marks are both flashy and visceral and cool and logical.

I love the overall impact. The shape is brilliant. It's as if you make your own rock and hew it into an abstract shape.

It's something of a process painting, which is filled with gestures both organic and geometric.

It works for me also on the level of visual sounds, like one of those old oscilloscopes (?) -- the gizmos that monitor sonic pitch on a screen in waveforms. . . Like ancient mariners trying to understand the ocean by looking at the surface. They could use it if not understand it.

And the idea of waves lead me to the idea of oceans and the residents that thrive in the depths. Only these sonic waves project out and out and out like the recording of Earth's sounds on a disk on Voyager. The "musicians" literal and figuratively who jazz it up ride the waves and below and above out to where the event horizon is the limitless limit, over the edge and beyond. Whale watching out of the corner of the eye.

Grand piece and very successful, GX!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wow I can almost hear the song they are singing in this vibrant painting Gary
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Katie, D Akey,Sandy and MacPix.. you guys and gals are awesome.. thanks for your detailed and appreciative comments.. your words are an inspiration and great motivator...

This is gorgeous..., sumptuous color, lively design, and fabulous texture... in a word: Its great!

Rowena... thanks for the kind comments.