ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shhhhhhhhhhh....can you hear the snow?

Shhhhhhhhhhh....can you hear the snow?

I painted this last night....couldn't sleep, it was to hot, lol but this cooled me off. I can always remember the silence that happens when snow falls. It is a silence full of imaginative sounds. As a child I could almost hear each snowflake as it floated to the ground. "Wow", I can almost see my breath.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shhhh, can you hear the snow.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	261.9 KB 
ID:	59760  

2. That's... Well, it's amazing. I love how lifelike it looks, while also being so "false" and textured. Very engaging. Her eyes remind me of that classic National Geographic cover of the girl staring out at the camera for some reason.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cartuneman View Post
    ...I could almost hear each snowflake as it floated to the ground. "Wow", I can almost see my breath...
    All I can say is 'Wow'! I could almost see colors in this painting... So impressive it is done...

wow is not enough to say about this... really a nice work and so expressive of the innocence of the child..

HarlequiNQB thanks this was a lot of fun to paint You know when something is fun to paint when you can't stop tweeking on it.

Strandy thanks Strandy,

gxhpainter Thank you for your comment. Hard to believe but I actually spent almost 3 hours on her eyes...

Another WOW from me! The eyes are extraordinary and I love the the texture.

What a delightful painting... snow in Nevada? Really? I know it snows in northern Texas and northern California but not in Nevada (unless you count the mountains near California)...

So good!!!!!!!!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

jibes Thank you, glad you liked it.

kenmo Thank you sir. I was checking out some of your 3d work with art rage touch up. really nice work. I love 3d but I've never got the hang of it. It looks like you have a firm grip on it. Great work sir! Oh lol it do snow in northern Nevada. We get tons of it here. I live just below Lake Tahoe on the Nevada side and we get plenty of it every year. it starts snowing around thanksgiving and stays here till about May....As I look up at Mt. Rose right now from my den window there is still snow up there from last year...

MacPix thank you. I almost quit working on it but I made myself finish it this morning.

The child is adorable and the painting is wonderful, fantastic work, great talent.