ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Realistic Brush Sizes

Realistic Brush Sizes

It would be nice to have realistic brush sizes that would change or conform to the size of canvas you choose at the beginning of a project.

Specifically, if I choose to paint a canvas that is 40" x 30" then AR would be able to offer up brush sizes to simulate working on this size of canvas. Choosing, for example, a #10 filbert in AR would simulate the size of brush strokes using a real #10 filbert on a real canvas of the same size.

More specifically, brush size would be independent of the number of pixels that make up a canvas, that is, it would be independent of the number of pixels per inch. So, if I choose a canvas of 40" x 30" the brush sizes would be the same if I choose a resolution of 72 pixels/inch or 360 pixels/inch or whatever resolution I wish to use.

Cheers.

Just thought I would add the reason why I've suggested this feature. When I work with a large canvas (large number of pixels, high resolution image for printing), the oil brush max size of 100% ends up being very small.

So, perhaps the ability to adjust brush size beyond what AR currently allows would be nice.

Lovin' this program

Hi,
    If you double click on the "size box", you can then increase the brushes up to 500% with the keyboard. I also think there might be a shortcut key you can use in conjunction with tour pen to readjust dynamically. Either way, you should be able to get a much bigger brush. !! . Good luck.

Hold "Shift" and drag the pen on canvas - you can go to 500% size.
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

Thanks!