ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draw straight lines witheet ipad

Draw straight lines witheet ipad

Is there a way to draw straight lines THE iPad version of THE programm?

Jos Hogeling

There is no line tool. However there is a technique I've been using that works. If you put one finger on the screen where you want the line to start, then put the second where you want it to end, finally lift the first finger.

The result is a straight line gets drawn between the two points.

An official line tool would be nice. Rectangle and ellipse tools would be nice too.

I agree a line tool would be nice. Many times I've wanted to draw a horizon line. I use the one-finger-then-another-finger trick sometimes but mostly I just use a plastic ruler to guide my stylus.

straight line tool.. be a nice addition to iPad.

I had missed that two finger work around technique... Thank you for posting it.

thanks for the line trick monster blues.

Straight lines in Ipad

Just wanted to let you know there is a free ap in itunes store called Sketchbook x. It has on the tool menu a selection for your stylus for curved or straight lines it works great.

Straight line technique

Quote Originally Posted by monsterblues View Post
    There is no line tool. However there is a technique I've been using that works. If you put one finger on the screen where you want the line to start, then put the second where you want it to end, finally lift the first finger.

An official line tool would be nice. Rectangle and ellipse tools would be nice too.
    Thanks for the idea. It works! With so many users moving to iPads, updates to the artrage app would seem to make sense.

You can also use a thin paperback book as a ruler by resting it on the screen and running your finger (or stylus) along the edge of the spine. You still tend get a small burr at the ends though if doing hatching.
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterblues View Post

This technique isn't working for me on iPad
    Eden
    You can't outsource your soul work.
    www.edensart.com