ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A study

A study

100% ArtRage free drawing, free painting, one layer.

Painting: Bacchante (1899) by William Adolphe Bouguereau

Bouguereau 1825-1905, french master figurative painter.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Beautiful studies,Oriane. And another admirer of my favored painter.

I think you and Sketchy+ should go riding on the buses together, pads in hand.

You have a real eye for art and models and costumes that I wish were still in fashion. I love that period for Art in all directions as well. Have you ever seen the busts and other French sculptures in the Musee d'Orsay in Paris? Walls lined with portraits in (pure white rock like marble?) that defy thinking that they weren't real.

I think that was when realism was at an all time high, especially considering they didn't have computers.

Be that as it may, I think it fascinating that you have taken a picture that the French Academy in 1897 would have touted as good and correct, and drawn it in the style of some of the artists who were breaking out of those narrow (though magnificent) confines and began to tell the Academy to get stuffed, and proceeded to push the artistic envelope into abstraction.

So you, my dear Dr. Lima, are playing the artistic rebel. Bet the girls are lining up to share your wine at the sidewalk cafe.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thumbs up

Lima, always a pleasure to see your paintings and this is another wonderful one.

Lima. Great. Like like

so wonderful indeed.

Nice to see you again Oriane, just wonderful work indeed, you are a great artist

I like it
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

At thank you dear friend I know that you like him.
    Akey,
    Jean,
    eighty+ Senior Member,
    Jasmine,
    Pat,
    Silvy,
    Thank you all very much.

Akey, I read your comments as if I were reading a chronicle of a famous writer. It is a pleasure to read you playing with words and nice sentences and learn with your deep knowledge about Art. I visited the Beaubourg soon after his inauguration and the Louvre. But I had not the opportunity to visit the d'Orsay. Thank you for your comment my dear friend and a good wine for you too.