ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life is full of suffering?

Life is full of suffering?

Hi,

This is a picture of an old woman in a village who without younger people around has to do everything herself. It is a common practice in many countries in Asia which young people must leave home to go to cities to find work. These countries have no social securities for elderly and they must depend on their children, grand-children.

In Thailand where I was born, for the past 10 years, the government gives 500 Baht ($15) for all over 62 years old. The everage spending for a thrifty person on food is 100 Baht so there is no way that this is the correct amount while the richest man in the country is worth $ 7,400,000,000!

The lonliness and physical challenge each day makes these old people very sad and full of hardship.

This lady in the picture is processing rice, she cannot straighten her back up, over 80 years old.

Used the ref. picture from a news media called Manager, Thailand. Painted in water colors and felt pen.

Any comments and advice is welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You know Jasmine, this woman has suffered in her later years maybe all of her life we don't know all that she has gone through, but her spirit is strong. One can clearly see that she does not give up. God bless her.

Thank you Alexandra.

very nice painting Jasmine.. and poignant perspective of this woman's life..

Jasmine this is so heartwarming and sad, you did a great job on portraying the wonderful elders of Thailand, this should not be like this, so very sad

Jasmine, it is true, there's so much unjust in the world and one needs not to be ignorant about these things and should help wherever there's need in every small way...your women is, even in the old age, very pretty and you chose an meaningful and important subject...I like this painting a lot.

Thumbs up

Jasmine, thank you for helping us understand the sorrow in your homeland. I always find your paintings and stories so interesting, This is a lovely painting of a sad happening

Thanks to you all so much.

Beautiful painting Jasmine
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Very impressive!!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes